Oh snap! Did I just say that in the title? That was mean spirited and I am truly sorry. I mean, it's not like I said they were non-profit hos, right?
Kajawife and I love watching The Amazing Race and were very disappointed that the first episode of the season was not recorded because apparently a re-run of High Stakes Poker is more important for my Tivo to record. But last night I just hooked up my laptop to the TV and streamed the episode from the CBS site and all was well with the world. Or so I thought.
The Poker Hos TM (I really need to trademark that phrase) were absolutely annoying. Let me count the ways:
- Who goes on The Amazing Race and brings a rolling carry-on piece of luggage? I mean seriously! Did you see Maria Ho try to roll that thing down the stairs in Tokyo? Good plan. I guess they are hybrids and can convert to backpacks but most of the town the were dragging them around which only gives them one free hand to use. I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to hurt them at some point.
- The obviously idiotic "bluff" about working for the non-profit homeless something or other. I told Kajawife that someone will know who they were because they were on TV and the poker media, but she said that not everyone watches the WSOP or poker on TV. So I said that Tiffany Michelle needs to cool it with the poker shirts and trucker hats that says she "plays with the boys" or whatever it was. Two seconds later they get outed at the airport. Brazilliant move, hos.
- One 14-hour flight into the show and Ho tells Michelle she doesn't want to talk to her anymore. Nuff said.
- Hitting on gay guys. Classic.
- Making fun of Zev. Classy.
- Maria choking on a Wassabi Bomb. Twice. She should have let Tiffany tackle this challenge and imagine it was a PTB (for those who don't know what that is, here's an anagaram for you to solve: Babe Morph Into Tort).
- The constant stupid poker lingo. We bluffed and then needed a one-outer because we like to play games and we are good at observing and reading people and blah and yadda and oh give us all a break.
I can't write about this anymore. They sucked. They should be ecstatic that they got a break with that non-elimination and that Maria's road bump was to give someone soup made of four ingredients.
WCP kind of likes them though. But they are SEO addicts. That must be the reason.